On your visit to Krabi in Thailand, make time to visit the awesome Krabi hot springs and emerald pool. Is the hot springs and emerald pool worth a visit? Yes! Let the temperatures rise with a dip in the Krabi hot stream. A picturesque, hot and sweaty jungle hidden mini pools. This is one of the best things to do in Krabi and it’s an experience that will leave you feeling all rejuvenated! We visited the emerald pool and hot springs while on a 2 night stay in Krabi. While staying in Krabi you can also visit the Krabi night markets which are another cool tourist spot in Krabi. How to get from Krabi to the hot springs and emerald pool? The drive is easy on a scooter, but we will explain in this post.
Another top place to visit is the unique Krabi emerald pool. This is another jungle found a hidden gem. The emerald pool in Krabi had the same qualities as a swimming pool, but with added extras. For example, the emerald pool has crystal-clear-water, but with fish swimming around. How cool is that?! You can also do the half-day tour to the hot springs and Krabi emerald pool. Krabi is an amazing place and you should check out the Phi Phi island day tour by speed boat whilst you are in this part of Thailand.
Check out BLEESD TRAVEL
How much is the hot springs and emerald pool tour, from Ao Nang to the hot spring and what’s included?
The hot spring and emerald pool Krabi from Ao Nang – The organized day trips Ao Nang are about 400-500 Baht ($13) per person. You can use your bartering skills and try to get this price cheaper.
What does the Ao Nang tour to the Hot springs and emerald pool include? You will get picked up at your hotel and taken for the full-day tour. You should return to your hotel in Ao Nang about 3 pm. Also included is the usual of food and water. The tour should also provide fruit.
You can hire a moped for the day in Ao Nang! This is a sweet and cheap way of doing it and you will see parts of Krabi you wouldn’t normally see.
You can hire a scooter in Ao Nang for $5 a day, crazy cheap. Petrol is cheap and it’s like $2 to fill the tank. Let’s have a look what’s in this post to you;
- How to get to the Krabi hot springs and emerald pool
- The emerald pool Krabi opening times
- Other things to do in Krabi
- Where to stay in Krabi
- Things to Know about the Krabi hit springs
The Krabi Hot Springs Pool and Emerald Pool entrance cost
- Its is 10 Baht parking for a scooter at Emerald Pool, 20 Baht for motorbike and around 35 Baht for car
- The entrance fee for the emerald pool is (200 Baht)
- entrance for Krabi Hot Springs is (100 Baht)
You can book a ticket here.
How to get to the Krabi hot springs and emerald pool and the opening times?
What is the emerald pool opening times? The hot springs and emerald pool are open;
- Monday 8 – 5
- Tuesday 8 – 5
- Wednesday 8 – 5
- Thursday 8 – 5
- Friday 8 – 5
- Saturday 8 – 5
- Sunday 8 – 5
Ready for a backbreaking scooter ride? Don’t worry it’s not bad, however, you will have to ride about 48 kilometres from Krabi to the hot springs and Emerald pool. You could get a tour but it will cost you a lot extra and you won’t have the freedom of going where you like.
Like I said the best way for how to get to the hot springs and emerald pool is on a scooter and to be fair it’s more or less one straight road to get the hot spring and emerald pool in Krabi. Any level of rider can make this journey.
Rental in Krabi should cost you between 200 – 300 BHT, so don’t pay any more than this! I paid 200 BHT so you can get the scooter rental for this cheap. Furthermore, all you need for the scooter rental in Krabi is just your passport.
It took us around 45 minutes from the centre of Krabi to the hot springs and this was driving at around 50 KM per hour. Also, for the full round trip from Krab to the emerald and back, the gas for the scooter will cost you 70 BHT ($2). Basically free at that price, right?!
What is the Krabi Hot Springs?
An epic outdoor natural hot jacuzzi, a super cool hot spa with temperatures of between 35 – 45 degrees. Yeah, it’s hot, but it feels so good!
The hot springs have natural indented seats and its walls are super smooth. This provides you with good seating in the water, without having to have sharp rocks up to your a**e.
There’s also a small children’s area next to the hot springs. This makes a visit to Krabi’s hot springs, perfect for all the family.
What is the emerald pool Krabi?
Fresh natural swimming that is big enough for a swim, snorkel and a bathe. But don’t expect to swim after dinner, the emerald pool can get rammed with tourists. Also, the snorkelling is more fun for the family holidays as there is not much fish to explore.
Krabi’s emerald pool is good fun for getting some great underwater photos. There’s also a natural flowing stream into the pool, use this for a head massage!
The cost of the emerald pool Krabi and the half-day tour
- You will have to pay adult – 200 BHT ($8) and children – 150 BHT ($6) for entrance to the emerald pool. This includes entrance to the pool, a 1-mile walk through the jungle and toilets on site. You going to have to walk around 1 mile to get to the emerald pool, but it’s a decent walk through the scenery.
- Krabi hot springs and emerald pool tour – You can also do a half-day tour to the Krabi hot springs and emerald pool. This is a popular option for those who don’t like driving scooters or have no transportation.
- You can book the half-day tour to emerald pool Krabi hot springs here
- Parking at the emerald pool cost me 20 BHT for a scooter, I hate being charged for parking! But I guess it comes with most of the best things to see in Asia.
- You will only need to spend an hour or so here just to have a Swim and play in this top thing to see in Krabi. Don’t forget the sun cream.
Where are Krabi Hot Springs and Emerald Pool located:
- The Emerald Pool address W7G9+27 Khlong Thom Nuea, Khlong Thom District, Krabi
- The waterfall Namtok Ron Khlong Thom Krabi hot spring
6 Things you should know about the Krabi hot springs and emerald pool
- entrance to the Krabi hot springs and emerald pool are separate costs for the tickets. The Krabi hot springs cost 150 BHT and the emerald pool cost is 200 BHT.
- The Krabi hot springs and emerald pool both get busy after noon. The emerald pool is the best place to visit in Krabi, therefore it attracts a lot of tourists! I would visit the emerald pool first to avoid the crowds.
- Take a waterproof camera to the emerald pool Krabi, you will be able to grab some sweet photos.
- There is plenty of food stalls and a few restaurants to grab a bite after swimming in Krabi’s emerald pool.
- Take suncream and water. When the sun is shining it gets hot, especially at the hot springs!
- At Krabi’s hot springs, they offer buggy rides from the entrance to the hot spring for 20 BHT per person. You don’t need this, it’s only a 500-metre walk.